Developing further our vision of learning communities at Giles Brook, we have introduced a house system. The School Council selected the names of the houses by looking a prominent figures from British History and we are very much looking forward to our children working more closely with their peers in different age groups.
How it works
- Every child in the school has been placed into a House
- If you have a brother or a sister in the school you will be in the same House
- All members of staff at Giles Brook are in a House ( except Miss Britnell)
- One teacher from each House will be the House Leader
- One boy and one girl in each house from Year 6 will be elected as the House Captains
- The House Captains will be responsible for adding up their Houses points each week, speaking at House Meetings, running competitions and encouraging their house to collect House Points
- House points can be awarded to you by any adult at school. House Points could be awarded for any reason that the adult believes is worthy of a House Point
- House Points will be collected by teachers on a chart that will be displayed in the class
- On a Thursday afternoons, House Captains will collect the House Points for their Houses and give the totals to Miss Britnell
- These will be announced in assembly and a running total will be shown on the display in the reception area
- The winning house each half term will be given a reward such as extra playtime or a mufti day
- At the end of the year the house with the most House Points will win a shield
- Sports Day will be a competition between Houses where the winning House will receive the House Sports Cup as well as extra House Points
Robert Frederick Chelsea "Bobby" Moore OBE was an English professional footballer. He captained West Ham United for more than ten years and was captain of the England team that won the 1966 World Cup
Red Team Staff
Florence Nightingale OM, RRC was a celebrated English social reformer and statistician, and the founder of modern nursing.
Claudia De Oliviera
Emily Jane Brontë was an English novelist and poet who is best known for her only novel, Wuthering Heights, now considered a classic of English literature.
Blue Team Staff
William Shakespeare was an English poet, playwright, and actor, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world's pre-eminent dramatist. He is often called England's national poet, and the "Bard of Avon"