Attendance and Leave of Absence
We are committed to meeting our obligation with regards to school attendance through our whole-school culture and ethos that values good attendance, including:
- Promoting good attendance
- Reducing absence, including persistent and severe absence
- Ensuring every pupil has access to the full-time education to which they are entitled
- Acting early to address patterns of absence
- Building strong relationships with families to ensure pupils have the support in place to attend school
We will also promote and support punctuality in attending lessons.
Please see key messages about attendance from the DfE in their working together to improve school attendance document.
When a child is absent through illness, parents are asked to inform the school during the first day of absence, by contacting the school before 9.00am. Please keep us informed of the progress of the illness and the likely length of absence. If we are not informed of the reason for absence the register is marked as an ‘unauthorised absence’
Application for Leave of Absence
If a leave of absence request is necessary, please use the form below:
Leave of absence request